Roberto Blanch to Speak at the CAI SE FL Chapter’s Annual Expo In Hallandale On October 9th
Firm attorney Roberto Blanch will be speaking at the Community Associations Institute (CAI) South East Florida Chapter’s Expo taking place at Gulfstream Park on Thursday, October 9. He will be presenting the Annual Meeting and Election Procedures for Community Associations course. The seminar is scheduled to take place from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. To learn more information about this event, visit www.cai-seflorida.org.
Laura Manning-Hudson to Speak at the Palm Beach Condo & HOA Expo in Palm Beach on October 15th
Our firm’s Laura Manning-Hudson will be presenting the “2015 Legal Update”, a course that details all the statutes that were recently passed by the legislature and how these changes will impact community associations, at the Palm Beach Condo & HOA Expo taking place at the Palm Beach Convention Center on Wednesday, October 15. The course is scheduled from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m., and qualifies for two CEU (LU1) credits for property managers.
To learn more or register to attend the event, visit www.pbcondohoaexpo.com.
Michael Kurzman to Speak at the Seminar Group’s 3rd Annual Construction Law Seminar in Miami on October 24th
Firm attorney Michael J. Kurzman will be presenting at the Seminar Group’s 3rd Annual Construction Law seminar taking place on October 24, 2014 at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Brickell from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This two-day conference promises to blend both legal and real world issues that are common in the construction industry through an outstanding faculty.
From key contract provisions through management of issues during the project to close-out of the job including lingering issues or disputes, attendees will learn from experienced and seasoned construction attorneys what to avoid and what to embrace.
To learn more about the event or to register to attend, please visit: https://www.theseminargroup.net/seminar.lasso?seminar=14.COLFL#location
Tiffany M. Hurwitz, Elisabeth D. Kozlow, and Michael J. Kurzman to Present at NBI’s Construction Contracts Seminar on December 4th
Firm Attorneys Tiffany M. Hurwitz, Elisabeth D. Kozlow, and Michael J. Kurzman will be presenting at the National Business Institute’s Construction Contracts: Negotiating Key Provisions seminar in Fort Lauderdale on December 4, 2014.
Ensuring the best possible outcome for your client, whether they are an owner, a contractor or a subcontractor is extremely important.
The benefits of attending this seminar:
- Know the pros and cons of various pricing methods for owners and contractors.
- Effectively negotiate better pay-if-paid clauses by understanding the other side's perspective.
- Evaluate different standard contract change order language and modify it to best benefit your client.
- Recognize potentially harmful indemnity clause language and know how to tailor it to suit your client's best interests.
- Ensure that contracts contain the necessary insurance provisions to protect your clients.
- Learn best practices to ensure that liquidated damage provisions are not construed as penalties.
- Find out how AIA mutual consequential damage waivers fall short and also appropriate alternatives to them.
To register please visit: www.nbi-sems.com or call 800-930-6182